While ideally, reps want to meet face-to-face with people, it’s a good idea to place brochures in a variety of places to optimize exposure to the community. Some common locations for leaving Avon brochures and catalogs include coffee shops, apartment complex offices and retirement community clubhouses. Once you’ve got permission from the managers of these kinds of places, you’ll want to have a regular “route” to make sure that new brochures are placed there consistently.
It’s fine to make sure that you distribute your brochures to the most logical locations, but there are several other types of businesses and environments that you may want to consider.
5 Surprising Places to Leave Your Avon Brochures
1. Auto Repair Shops How often have you been stuck in a waiting room while your car is being serviced and there are only sports or finance magazines and (if it’s a dealership) new car brochures? Find out if you can leave the latest Avon catalog for those customers who may want another option.
2. Barber Shops Let’s face: Avon focuses mostly on women. Yes, we do offer items for men, including fragrance, bath and body products, and watches. However, men do love to give nice gifts to the women in their lives. Consider placing Avon brochures at the local barber shops, along with suggestions for the next gift-giving occasion (think Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and so on). Maybe even offer gift wrapping as an incentive to place, say, a $50 order.
3. The Drive-through Windows When you “drive around to the second window, please,” why not surprise your server with a colorful Avon brochure and a sample of Moisture Therapy hand cream? Remember to include a recruiting flyer — maybe the person you reach is ready to move up from minimum wage!
4. Garage Sales Garage sale shoppers are looking for a bargain, but the people who hold garage sales are looking to make extra money, so why not offer a brochure (with a recruiting flyer)?
5. Laundromats There’s a whole lot of waiting going on at the laundromat, between washing and drying several loads of clothes. Plenty of time to browse an Avon catalog!
There are plenty of places to leave brochures. Just remember to:
- Get permission from the manager/owner
- Be consistent about bringing by new brochures
- Label your books clearly so contacts can reach you
Got questions? Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join Avon and run your own business? Click here. Use Reference Code bspandrio, if asked.